National Geographic Traveler: Thailand, 4th Edition
$ 27.95 (as of July 16, 2018, 10:25 pm)
Coupons available for this offerView more coupons
- Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) July 17, 2018.
- Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com (look for "sold by Amazon.com" on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party
sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even
if "fulfilled by Amazon.com" or "Prime Eligible".
- Offer does not apply to digital content.
- Offer good while supplies last.
- Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted and free promotional items.
- Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
- Offer limited to one per customer and account.
- Taxes, shipping and handling, and gift wrap charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $5.
- Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
- Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
- If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
- Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- Enter promo code PRIMEBOOKS18 at checkout to qualify.
Usually ships in 24 hours
The tour through this quixotic country begins in Thailand’s noisy and vibrant capital, Bangkok, with visits to Wat Po and other famous temples. It continues into the countryside, exploring Kanchanaburi, site of the bridge over the River Kwai; the ancient capitals of Ayuthaya and Sukhothai; and national parks alive with monkeys and elephants. The charming city of Chiang Mai awaits in the northern mountains—from there wilderness treks depart for remote hill-tribe villages. Thailand is famous for its beaches, and you’ll find all of the best ones here: Phuket and Koh Samui, as well as many others popular with Thais. Author Phil Macdonald makes sure you see all of the famous sights, and lesser-known ones as well. Self-guided tours with maps include a riverside walk in Bangkok and a boat trip down the Chao Phraya River. Special features include a guided boat trip down the Chao Phraya River and a riverside walk in Bangkok. Experiential sidebars abound, including one on staying overnight with a hill-tribe family, another on meditating with monks in Buddhist temples throughout Thailand, and another on culinary courses to learn how to make exquisite Thai dishes. A hefty Travelwise section includes information on how to get there and how to get around, as well as author-picked hotels and restaurants.
Aimed at active travelers who want authentic, enriching, cultural experiences and expert advice from a trustworthy source, National Geographic Travelers provide ways for people to experience a place rather than just visit, and give the true feel of each destination not easily found online.
Frequently Bought Together
This item: National Geographic Traveler: Thailand, 4th Edition$ 21.49
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.